The following information is presented to help you get to know the counselors, the specialty areas, training, and the experience they may have. The following lists are not comprehensive lists of the counselor's training or certifications but rather the certifications they utilize the most. The counselor also sees a wide range of areas, even if it is not included on the specialty area list. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Tara Lorenz is an LCSW (LCSW ND5476 and CA62900) who is bilingual in Spanish and English, specializing in individual mental health care for ages 5 to 105+. Tara has provided services in the social work field since 2004. She is licensed to see clients in both California and North Dakota. Tara enjoys working with clients that don't feel like they fit in the box. Tara currently provides services for clients in the office and telehealth if preferred.
- Children and Adolescents
- Spanish services
*** TARA IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS. Please contact the office to be added to the waiting list, or ask about our other fabulous clinicians to get in sooner!***
Carrie Thompson Widmer has worked in varying specialty areas of human services since 1986 in North Dakota. She received her MSW from The University of North Dakota. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She is trained in Trauma Focus Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and provides services to ages 10 and up. Carrie also holds a National Certification in Therapeutic Recreation, CTRS.
Carrie has extensive experience with adolescents and adults treating anxiety, depression, self-esteem, grief and loss, and trauma. Carrie has worked in schools, institutions, long-term care, and community settings and is a former McKenzie County School District Social Worker.
She feels her homes are on both sides of The Red River; she was raised in Northwestern Minnesota and now resides in North Dakota. She enjoys the outdoors and hobbies, was a 4H leader for many years and lives on a farm with her family.
Her approach to valuing the individual offers compassion and empathy. Carrie provides flexible scheduling both in the office and via telehealth, meeting the needs of consumers.
Carly Jones is an LAPC and offers mental health services for the ages of 4 to 105+. Carly has been in the psychology field since 2019 with extensive training and experience working with law enforcement, individuals with special needs, crises, and trauma. Carly has worked in schools, an in-patient psychiatric hospital, and a domestic violence shelter. Carly has also volunteered with law enforcement and a vocational rehabilitation center. Carly primarily works from a person-centered approach, enjoys learning, is open to feedback and will work to integrate the feedback, and is always trying to improve the care she can offer. Carly offers mental health services primarily for telehealth appointments, with some in-office appointments.
- Children and Adolescents
Lindsey is a mental health intern working on her master's degree at Walden University. She sees clients aged 4 to 105+ and primarily works from a person-centered and strength-based approach. Lindsey has experience working as a school counselor in Watford City and Dickinson. Lindsey has worked in an inpatient mental health facility, an inpatient youth service facility, an inpatient drug, and alcohol facility, school counselor. Lindsey enjoys spending time with my husband, our three children, and two dogs and listening to true crime podcasts.
Lindsey offers counseling services primarily at the Dickinson office, telehealth, and appointments in Watford City. Counseling Services:
- Children and Adolescents
Mental Health Therapist or Psychiatric Medication Prescriber
Watford City, ND and Dickinson, ND
Are you looking for a supportive, flexible, professional environment where you can lend your talents as a mental health therapist (various levels of LCSW, LPCC, PsyD, PhD, etc.) or psychiatric medication prescriber (Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, etc.) in an underserved community? Are you interested in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, as well as running psychodynamic and psychoeducational groups? Are you a prescriber who wants to do more mental health work without the pressure of 15-minute medication management appointments? Whether you enjoy all or some of the above, we have what you need!
Agency Culture and What We Offer
· Collaborative therapy team environment
· Very flexible schedule so that you balance your personal and professional life needs
· Dedicated workspaces for confidential and individualized therapy sessions
· Quality over quantity model
· Ample supply of coffee, tea, snacks, and supportive (or silly) chats with other staff
Pay and Benefits
· W2 Employee option or 1099 contractor if fully independently licensed
· Commission based on license level, per client seen in pay period, plus base pay (general range for agency pay for mental health therapists is $500 to $10,000 per month, depending on how you decide to create your schedule)
· PTO accrual for full-time employees
· Reimbursement of medical insurance, or once agency meets quota from BCBS will provide insurance
· Retirement benefits coming soon!
· Did we say coffee and snacks?
· Licensed by the State of North Dakota as an LCSW, LMSW, LAPC, LPC, LPCC, PsyD, PhD (in Psychology), MFT, Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
· Willing to discuss options for those in other levels of training or license types, if applicable and approved for internship/practicum/preceptorship programs
· We are looking to bring our new colleague(s) on board as soon as possible, and begin credentialing process, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in personal and professional abilities, as well as a match for our clinic culture. We hope this colleague is you! Please feel free to share with your colleagues who may be a fit!
· Preferably for in-person work at least once per week, though we are a hybrid practice for in-person and telehealth
· Full time and part time options
Please contact our fabulous staff to begin the process by sending us your resume or CV to:
Monica Dyson, Virtual Assistant at Peace of Mind Virtual Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephany Moon, Front Desk Manager Extraordinaire at Empowered Therapy by Tara Lorenz, PLLC, email@example.com
Tara M. Lorenz, LCSW (ND LCSW5476)
109 5th St SW B757
Watford City, ND 58854
© 2020 Empowered Therapy by Tara Lorenz, PLLC